The job posting below is from the PressForward website.
Call for Postdoc Applications Now Open
The PressForward project at the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media (RRCHNM) now invites applications for a one-year position (with the possibility of renewal) at the rank of Research Assistant Professor. The successful candidate will work with the project directors to manage the publication of DHNow and the Journal of Digital Humanities, as well as to perform project outreach and to experiment with new forms of open-access digital publishing.
A Ph.D. in history or a closely related field is required. The ideal candidate will also possess some or all of the following qualities:
- Experience in digital humanities, digital libraries, or digital publishing;
- Strong technical background in new technology and new media, especially web publishing;
- Familiarity with scholarly communication or publication;
- Experience teaching digital tools and leading workshops;
- Project management, administrative and/or organizational experience; and
- Experience with fostering and sustaining scholarly communities.
Applications must be submitted via the George Mason University employment site (position number F8860z) by July 12, and the successful candidate is expected to begin work by September 1, 2013. Please direct all questions regarding the position to email@example.com.