Huge thanks to the amazing Digital Development Team in the Library Technology Services Department!
Note: We’re moving to focus on production tools, so we will have fewer patron system updates while we work on updating production and preservation processes. And, I love all our systems, so will share whatever I can!
The Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC), Florida Digital Newspaper Library, and UF Digital Collections (UFDC), have several new updates, including:
- Date hierarchy view for newspapers.
- Example with dates: https://www.dloc.com/title-sets/AA00079436
- Example with paging: https://www.dloc.com/title-sets/AA00079436/browse
- This has been the most requested feature for the new interfaces. The difference is having a browseable list of dates (example: https://www.dloc.com/title-sets/AA00079436) for newspapers instead of paging through items (example: https://www.dloc.com/title-sets/AA00079436/browse).
- AV with transcripts.
- Example: https://ufdc.ufl.edu/AA00052536/00001/videos
- This has been on the request list for years. Huge thanks to friends at the University of North Texas for sharing expertise on how they did this for their systems. We don’t have transcripts for a ton of items, but I’m sure we will soon, now that folks can see and experience the benefits of the transcripts in the proper format (we are standardizing on WebVTT in case folks are interested).
Also, for dLOC, we have more amazing items continuing to load, thanks to fantastic work by so many partners! Check out new items from partners, like:
- Journal of Eastern Caribbean Studies: https:/dloc.com/AA00088162/00001
- Guyana Gender Hub: https://dloc.com/AA00088174/00001
- University of the Virgin Islands: https://dloc.com/AA00088183/00001
- Materials shared by Wallace Williams, US Virgin Islands: https://dloc.com/AA00088865/00001
- dLOC Scholarly Advisory Board agenda: https://dloc.com/UF00093611/00066
- Cuban books:
Also, please read the amazing special issue of archipelagos on dLOC: https://archipelagosjournal.org/issue06/special-editor-intro.html