23rd ANNUAL EASTERN CARIBBEAN ISLAND CULTURES (“ISLANDS IN BETWEEN”) CONFERENCE ON THE LANGUAGES, LITERATURES & CULTURES OF THE EASTERN AND GREATER CARIBBEAN
Co-organized by: L’Université des Antilles, Laboratoire caribéen de sciences sociales (LC2S, CNRS, UMR8053), The University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados, The Virgin Islands Caribbean Cultural Center, the University of the Virgin Islands
Venue: Université des Antilles, Martinique
NOTICE THE CONFERENCE BEGINS ON WEDNESDAY AND ENDS ON FRIDAY THIS YEAR (ARRIVAL DAY TUESDAY, DEPARTURE SATURDAY)
Dates: Wednesday, 4 November to Friday, 6 November 2020
(Arrival: Tuesday, 3 November 2020. Departure: Saturday, 7 November 2020)
EARLY DEADLINE FOR EARLY CONSIDERATION OF YOUR ABSTRACT: MONDAY 15 JUNE 2020
FINAL DEADLINE FOR OTHER ABSTRACTS: TUESDAY 1 SEPTEMBER 2020
SUGGESTED TOPICS FOR PRESENTATION INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Culture, Politics, Society, History, Law and Economics in the Eastern Caribbean
- Caribbean Biodiversity and Current Environmental Challenges in the Eastern Caribbean
- Migrations, Diasporas and Connections in the Eastern Caribbean
- The Languages, Literatures and Cultures of Martinique, Guadeloupe and St. Martin
- Eastern Caribbean Drama, Poetry, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Cinema, Essays, Memoirs.
- Representations of Race, Gender and Ethnicity in the Eastern Caribbean
- Creole Linguistics and the Creolization of Languages in the Eastern Caribbean
- Art, Music, Dance, Cuisine, and Popular Culture of the Eastern Caribbean
- Eastern Caribbean Carnival, Religions, Spiritualities, and Other Performance Traditions
Please send your abstract to: email@example.com
Abstracts should be submitted within the text of an email, and NOT as an attachment
Abstracts should be no more than 250 words long (not including author’s name and bio)
Along with the abstract, please include:
1) author’s name, e-mail address, and home institution (if applicable)
2) a brief biography of 50 words or less
Abstracts as well as papers presented at the conference may be in English, Spanish, French, Dutch, Portuguese or English-/French-/Iberian-lexifier Creole. A selection of papers will be published in the conference proceedings.
Notifications of Acceptance of EARLY Abstracts on or before Wednesday, 1 July 2020.
Notifications of Acceptance of OTHER Abstracts on or before Monday, 7 September 2020.
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU IN MARTINIQUE THIS YEAR