Librarian, Founders Library
St. George’s University invites applicants for a full-time position in the Founders Library beginning 9/2/2019.
Click on this link to apply – https://sgu.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=282&site=5
(Clear browser cache if link not opening correctly)
- The Principal areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Provide professional research and reference service to university’s library users.
- Participate in the development and delivery of information skills to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and to library workers.
- Contribute to outreach activities to promote the Library’s services and collections.
- The efficient and effective operation of the Technical Services section.
The Sub-areas of responsibility:-
- Collection management and development of the printed books, serial collections and e-journals, including acquisition, cataloging, classification and processing of printed materials and liaising with relevant vendors.
- Train, supervise and assess library staff in Technical Services duties, procedures and activities.
- Compile data and prepare statistical and analytical reports of Library activities and operations.
- Serials management.
- Manages book repairs.
- Copyright issues.
- Answers patron’s reference and research questions; instruct people in the use of the computerized catalog, on-line information resources, the library collection and the equipment and policies of the library.
- Provides customer service to library patrons; responds to inquiries and requests for information; explains Library programs, procedures and services; resolves customer service issues; interprets and explains library policies, procedures, rules and regulations to staff and patrons.
- Share administration and updates of Library’s website.
- Manages or contributes to special projects as assigned.
- Stay abreast of information needs and trends as well as developments in library and information technology.
- Participate in professional organizations and attend workshops and meetings.
- May have in-charge responsibility for the library and for resolving routine operating problems, in the absence of a Senior Librarian or Library Director.
- May have other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science and three years of library management experience; or an equivalent combination of education,training and experience.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information sciences or equivalent is preferred.
- Two plus (2+) years working in an academic library.
- Cataloguing and technical services workflow.
- Working with electronic databases of bibliographic materials.
- Provision of reference and research services.
- Integrated Library systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- To ensure full consideration, complete application materials including CV and Cover Letter and names and email addresses of three references should be submitted to be considered.
- Salary is competitive and paid in US dollars.
- Review of applicants will be ongoing until the position is filled.
St. George’s University is a truly international recognized institution located in the English-speaking Caribbean island of Grenada, attracting students from over 80 nations. It boasts a new, rapidly developing and expanding campus, designed to meet the needs of modern innovative instruction. The University includes internationally recognized Schools of Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Arts and Sciences, and a Graduate Studies Program. The School offers a unique opportunity to work in a stimulating multicultural environment (http://www.sgu.edu/life-at-sgu/index.html). Alongside a dedicated faculty and highly motivated student body, St. George’s University emphasizes the highest standards of teaching, while encouraging research and hosting the Windward Island Research Foundation (WINDREF) on campus.