Starting this fall, UF has create a new series of Town Hall meetings for faculty to promote conversations on campus-wide goals, issues, concerns. The Town Halls will include introductory comments by an expert on the topic, and then facilitated open conversation. I’m posting the information here so that I can readily find it to share with others. I think this is a great new initiative. I’m excited to attend these, participate in the discussions, and meet more UF colleagues.
TOWN HALL MEETINGS:
- September 23 (Law School, 180 Holland): Intellectual Property, Barbara Wingo, Associate Vice President and Deputy General Counsel
- October 21 (Location: Fine Arts Building Room 105): Information Technology, Elias Eldayrie, Vice President and Chief Information Officer
- November 18 (Location: Turlington Room L011) “The UF CORE”, Bernard Mair, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs
- January 6 (Location: TBA): Advocacy, Jane Adams, Vice President University Relations
- February 10 (Education, 250 Norman Hall): On-line education (undergrad degree programs), Joe Glover, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs
- March 10 (Location: TBA): On-line education, Andy McCullough, Associate Provost for Teaching and Technology