The job posting below is from the ACRL DH email list.
Swarthmore College has the following position open. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at: http://www.swarthmore.edu/human-resources/employment.xml
Librarian for Digital Initiatives and Scholarship
(1.0 FTE, 12-month, regular, salary grade 8)
The Librarian for Digital Initiatives and Scholarship will establish and grow a dynamic program to support new models of scholarship. S/he will foster the successful adoption and application of digital approaches to teaching, learning, and research, will develop sustainable and scalable digital resources, and will explore emerging and existing technologies which enable the use of digital content. Will manage a portfolio of digital scholarship, digital collection and library technology projects, in close collaboration with faculty, librarians, academic technologists and tri-college partners.
Initial goals for the Librarian for Digital Initiatives and Scholarship include conducting an environmental scan of academic departments, identifying potential scholarly projects, determining suitable tools and methodologies for use in each, and establishing priorities based on the content’s cultural, academic or historical value. Will manage the lifecycle of these identified projects, from the creation of digital objects to long-term preservation.
- ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree, or MA/PhD with significant experience in digital humanities
- At least 2 years experience in academic or library services.
- Project management skills and experience in overseeing technology based projects
- Experience with the research tools and approaches of and demonstrated knowledge of emerging trends in digital scholarship
- Demonstrates initiative in identifying and implementing projects
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies
- Ability to work enthusiastically, effectively and collaboratively with diverse faculty, students and staff
- Ability to work independently
- Familiar with academic and scholarly research practices
- Success in matching technical solutions to project needs
- Working knowledge of digital asset management systems, content management systems and/or web page development.
- Working knowledge of most common library metadata formats
- Knowledge of issues in the research/knowledge creation lifecycle
- Working knowledge of current scripting and programming languages
Swarthmore College is a highly selective liberal arts college located in the suburbs of Philadelphia, whose mission combines academic rigor with social responsibility. Swarthmore has a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity in its educational program and employment practices and actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, in employment or other programs.