The job posting below is from: http://library.gsu.edu/Vacancy_Announ-Dig_Initiatives_Lib-_2012-FINAL.pdf
Georgia State University Library seeks an enthusiastic, collegial, self-starter to serve as the manager of the Digital Archive @ Georgia State University, the University’s institutional repository, which highlights the research and scholarly productivity of members of the University community. The University Library administers the archive to collect, organize, disseminate, and preserve the digital scholarly output of Georgia State University faculty, students and staff. The repository is hosted on the Digital Commons platform and currently includes ETDs, conference materials and journals.
The Digital Initiatives Librarian will be responsible for overseeing services related to the Library’s institutional repository, including but not limited to:
- Identifying and recruiting new content, and editing existing content as needed
- Developing, implementing and evaluating marketing and promotion efforts
- Providing support for the library’s scholarly communication activities
- Raising awareness of Open Access to the GSU community
- Providing Library and University faculty with information, training and assistance in depositing materials into the Archive, including establishing and maintaining Selected Works author pages
- Analyzing policies, procedures and workflows to insure consistency and accuracy of metadata
- Supporting established institutional repository guidelines, including submission rules and the development of new communities and series
- Creating new guidelines as necessary
This position reports to the Associate Dean for Collections.
The Georgia State University Library provides one of the most attractive, open and inviting educational facilities in the Southeast. With over 1.5 million visitors this past year, the library is an integral part of the university community. It supports both teaching and research with an expansive collection and outstanding assistance. The library also exhibits a modern image providing the campus with an attractive, centralized location. Its signature bridge, a glass link that overlooks downtown Atlanta, connects the library’s two prominent buildings. Many appreciate the comfort of the library’s interior design, often enjoying a coffee from the cafe located on the first floor.
Located in the heart of downtown Atlanta, Georgia State University is one of the country’s top urban research universities. Over 28,000 graduate and undergraduate students enroll each semester in six different colleges. This diverse community offers a unique cultural and intellectual atmosphere, with opportunities to engage in stimulating activities and events. Between college sports, the performing arts and a variety of local restaurants, the campus location has it all.