See the announcement: https://www.smore.com/wxtud-acuril-s-socialmediathon-2017 and below. We hope you can join us for this, in between the Caribbean Digital symposium!
ACURIL’s SOCIAL MEDIATHON 2017
ACURIL DISASTER RELIEF CAMPAIGN
TO SUPPORT LIBRARIES, ARCHIVES AND MUSEUMS IN THE CARIBBEAN
We extend our thoughts and prayers to all ACURILEANS who have been affected by Hurricanes Irma & Maria. I am encouraging all our members and supporters to contribute generously to the ACURIL’s SocialMediaThon. Your kind donations will go towards helping those affected to recover and rebuild their libraries, archives and museums. Let’s all join the campaignand make a difference in some meaningful way. We thank you for your kind support.
Kumaree Ramtahal, ACURIL President 2017-2018
ACURIL’s SOCIAL MEDIATHON FUND-RAISING EVENT:
RECOVERY, RELIEF AND REBUILDING
Unity within Diversity / Unidad dentro de la Diversidad /
L’Unité dans la Diversité
NOVEMBER 30 & DECEMBER 1, 2017
The Association of Caribbean University Research and Institutional Libraries (ACURIL) is pleased to announce a fund-raising event to support recovery, relief and rebuilding efforts for Caribbean libraries, archives and museums affected by hurricanes Irma and Maria. This collaboration will take the form of a two-day ACURIL’s Social MediaThon event, hosted at the Florida International University (dLOC headquarters) during ACURIL’s Mid-year Executive Council meeting on November 30 & December 1, 2017.
TIME SCHEDULE AND SITE
Scheduled times are as follows:
· Thursday 30th November 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm (EST)
· Friday 1st December 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm (EST)
At dLOC, Florida International University
Popular social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Skype, WhatsApp, Instagram
will be used to engage participants. Telephones (landlines and mobile) will facilitate access
to persons with limited or no Internet connection.
ACURILEANS and all supporters of Caribbean libraries, archives and museums are encouraged to support this ACURIL’s SocialMediaThon by:
Donating to the recovery, relief, rebuilding may be made:
- Through Wire Transfer to ACURIL at Banco Popular de Puerto Rico, ACURIL Account number 033244448, Route number 021502011 ; Swift number: BPR PR SX, 033244
- By Credit Card or Paypal, at https://acuril.org/donate
- If from US, sending a certified check directly to ACURIL, P.O. Box 23317, San Juan, PR 00931-3317
OTHER IDEAS FOR COLLABORATIVE EFFORTS
1. Mobilizing supporters of libraries, archives and museums to visit the funding platform https://acuril.org; https://www.facebook.com/Acurilean-Disaster-Relief-Campaign-805765079610759/ during the two-day ACURIL’s SocialMediaThon to make the monetary donation.
2. Volunteering to participate in activities to help sustain the two-day event (6 hours). This contribution can be facilitated in a number of ways, for example, volunteers can engage in discussions on how the hurricanes have impacted their lives and workplaces; share innovative ideas on recovery, relief and rebuilding after natural disasters; advocate about the importance of libraries to communities. ALL ideas are welcomed!
3. Identifying other ways you can contribute to ACURIL’s Disaster Relief Campaign. For example, offering your expertise/skills in specialized areas (collection development, library services, technology support, architecture/library rebuilding) to assist Caribbean libraries.
Visit the following websites
- ACURIL https://acuril.org ; https://www.facebook.com/Acurilean-Disaster-Relief-Campaign-805765079610759/
for regular updates on this event! Kindly Join and Support ACURIL’s Disaster Relief Campaign for Libraries, Archives and Museums in the Caribbean!
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
For further information kindly contact Team Members.
ACURIL Institutional member (The Alma Jordan Library, The University of the West Indies, St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago) Email: Cheryl.Peltier-Davis@sta.uwi.edu
ACURIL Association member (dLOC) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACURIL President 2010 – 2011 Email: email@example.com
ACURIL President 2015-2016 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACURIL President 2017-2018