The Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) University Library (http://www.ulib.iupui.edu) seeks a creative, energetic, and service oriented individual to serve as a tenure track Digital Scholarship and Data Management Librarian with the Digital Libraries Team. Under the direction of the Digital Libraries Team Leader, this position will and be primarily responsible for enhancing University Library’s Program of Digital Scholarship through the development of a robust data service plan. The individual will also assist with the continued support of IUPUI University Library’s current digital scholarship tools and services including the institutional repository and journal publishing system. This librarian will have the following duties:
- Develop and support a robust data service plan in direct support of research faculty on campus
- Ascertain campus research faculty data service needs
- Develop data management plans for grant applications with faculty
- Coordinate development of technology solution for data management, archive, and access
- Actively participate in university-wide initiatives to develop and design sustainable services and infrastructure to enable faculty and students to preserve and make available their research data
- Assist with the daily operations of digital scholarship tools and services
- Collaborate with liaison librarians to develop faculty involvement with the library’s Program of Digital Scholarship
- Other duties as assigned
Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) is an urban research and academic health science university with 20 schools and academic units. Located in downtown Indianapolis, a diverse and affordable mid-sized city, IUPUI enrolls more than 30,000 students. The vision of the IUPUI University Library is to be the innovative leader among urban university libraries. It has a staff of approximately 81 and a budget in excess of $9.5 million.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to student success, an understanding of the IUPUI campus mission, the potential to fulfill the requirements for promotion and tenure, and the ability to work effectively in a team-based organization.
- ALA accredited Masters degrees or other relevant advanced degree
- Technical competencies and experience necessary to adequately perform team activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the research data life cycle including: Creation, processing, analyzing, preserving, providing access to, and re-using
- In-depth experience with at least one aspect of the aforementioned data life cycle
- Knowledge of statistics
- Experience with digital scholarship tools and processes such as institutional repositories, journal publishing systems
- Ability to work in a team-based environment
- Knowledge of database management software with a basic understanding of relational database design and theory
- Experience working in a Unix environment and using SAS, SPSS and STATA program languages
This tenure track position is available July 1, 2011. Minimum salary is $42,000 with benefits including 22 vacation days, 9 paid holidays, health/dental insurance options, and retirement contributions of 10% to either TIAA-CREFF or Fidelity plans. Additional funding is provided for professional development and travel. Final position offer is contingent upon the continued availability of funding.
Please forward letter of application, resume, and contact information for four references (include name, title, address, telephone number, and email address) electronically to Teresa McCurry at the following email address: email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until March 13, 2011.
This, in addition to information on other openings available at http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/employment .
IUPUI University Library is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its students, faculty and staff.