As usage of the self-submittal and online metadata editing systems for the UF Digital Collections have continued to increase, new supports were needed to support the additional users. To provide those supports, the former UFDC_CM application has been integrated into UFDC/SobekCM and additional functionality has been added.
These improvements are releasing next week, but most users won’t notice any changes. For internal users these are immensely helpful, and worthy of announcing and celebrating.
With this upgrade, UFDC will now include administrator options so that:
- Admin users can adjust permissions on existing UFDC users (help page)
- Admin users can add new aggregation aliases for forwarding purposes
- Admin users can add new item aggregations (collections, subcollections, institutions) and edit basic information on existing aggregations. (help page)
- Admin users can add new HTML interfaces and edit existing interfaces (help page)
- Admin users can add new projects and edit the complete metadata for project METS files online (help page)
- Admin users can add/edit wordmarks and delete wordmarks not linked to any digital resources (help page)
Thanks once again to Mark Sullivan for designing and programming these enhancements, and for writing the supporting help pages as well!